[Ryoji has basically locked himself up in his apartment after realizing how suddenly incredibly willing he was to talk about rather private things (and not the private things people in Ariel would want to talk about). Still, he finds himself really wanting to talk about it, and... there's only one person who he feels like he'd be ok doing that with.
cue a super rambly text.]
so i've felt like talking a lot about stuff all day even though it's normally stuff i wouldn't want to talk about AT ALL and it's kind of freaking me out, but i've been trying to not talk about it all day and it won't go away and you're really the only person i can think of who might not totally hate me for it.
[Ryoji heads over to the mansion, getting a tiny bit lost because he's never been over here before, arriving at the mansion and fidgeting a little as he waits. Hopefully Kai answers the door so he doesn't start blabbing to a stranger...]
[Ryoji allows himself to smile when he sees Kai- if there's anyone in Ariel that he feels like would be ok to talk to this about, it would be him. Not that he really wants to talk about it at all, but.]
Alright. Thanks. [He'll follow the other boy inside, trying to bite back the urge to just talk until there's some sort of lead in. ...Maybe he'll just talk about something else.] How are you?
[Kai has few secrets that he's genuinely kept from everyone here, and while the urge to blurt out that he finds some of the customers at the store he works at is embarrassing, it's still nothing too bad.
He focuses on getting the pie and two plates before he returns the question, because he wants Ryoji to have his full attention.]
I'm... ok. [Which is not a total lie. He is fine! He just doesn't really want to be talking about all this stuff.
Which is too bad, because it's happening.] It's actually kind of silly to be worried about everything, because they took my powers away here and asked them not to give them back, so it's not really a problem but I still keep talking about it...! [....whoops.]
[Kai can't help the little shiver that went down his spine at the mention of powers before he assures himself that he's fine, that Ryoji is, and that he doesn't have his powers, that he doesn't want them.
He reaches out across the table to try to put his hand on Ryoji's, to make up for his initial reaction.]
Oh, no, I would never... [partly because his powers would probably all end in your death, and he does not want that at all. He finds himself compelled to explain himself, still.]
[Shoot. That makes explaining this a bit harder...]
Um, well, they're the things used on cards in tarot readings. They each symbolize different things, but they're more than cards where I'm from.
[And now for the hard part.]
I... am the embodiment of the thirteenth arcana. The Death arcana. I exist only because they are many people who no longer held the will to live. The only reason I am human at all is because I was sort pushed inside someone and contained for ten years.
[Immediately after coming back from seeing Minako, Ryoji heads to his and Kai's room. Once he finds his boyfriend, he wraps him in a hug and kisses him. A fairly normal greeting, for him, but he would like to cover all his bases as best as he can.]
Kai, I love you, and I want to keep dating you, and I haven't broken my promise, but I have an important thing I need to talk to you about so... please don't freak out. [he thinks he covered all the big things but.]
[It's a good guess. Ryoji's a little worried by how good of a guess it is.]
I... [shoot. he. might ignore that question, because he's not totally sure how to answer it.] I asked her out once, back home. She turned me down. But, um... here, that's not what she remembers. She remembers saying yes. So I guess we're from different universes.
....But she's also kind of the reason I'm human. [so she's important either way.]
[Yeah that's kind of what he was expecting. He reaches out and takes Kai's hand, squeezing it gently. He's... not sure if telling him that Minako being ok with him not dating her would help or not.]
[Oh Kai... Ryoji shakes his head with a gentle smile, leaning up to kiss Kai tenderly.]
No. I want to be dating you.
[Did he want to date Minako back home? Yes. If things hadn't worked out between the two of them, would he still want to date her here? ...Maybe. But he is dating Kai, and he has managed to accept being friends with Minako, so that's really a non-issue for him.]
[oh. Having his kiss rejected makes Ryoji a little sad, but he'll give Kai's hand another squeeze. He's trying to be as clear as he can about his love and devotion to Kai... but he's well aware that even a non-romantic connection with Minako is getting in the way here.]
You aren't making me chose anything. I'm choosing for myself. [...ok so Kai might have encouraged it a bit, but.]
backdated to the event; text
cue a super rambly text.]
so i've felt like talking a lot about stuff all day even though it's normally stuff i wouldn't want to talk about AT ALL and it's kind of freaking me out, but i've been trying to not talk about it all day and it won't go away and you're really the only person i can think of who might not totally hate me for it.
text
Come on over. I'm at home (mansion 14, I moved). I have some pie in the fridge.
[Something relaxing and distracting and a promise of not just focusing on the talking, although he'll certainly listen.]
text
[Ryoji heads over to the mansion, getting a tiny bit lost because he's never been over here before, arriving at the mansion and fidgeting a little as he waits. Hopefully Kai answers the door so he doesn't start blabbing to a stranger...]
action
The kitchen's this way.
[And no one else is around at just this moment, fortunately enough.]
action
Alright. Thanks. [He'll follow the other boy inside, trying to bite back the urge to just talk until there's some sort of lead in. ...Maybe he'll just talk about something else.] How are you?
action
[Kai has few secrets that he's genuinely kept from everyone here, and while the urge to blurt out that he finds some of the customers at the store he works at is embarrassing, it's still nothing too bad.
He focuses on getting the pie and two plates before he returns the question, because he wants Ryoji to have his full attention.]
And you?
action
Which is too bad, because it's happening.] It's actually kind of silly to be worried about everything, because they took my powers away here and asked them not to give them back, so it's not really a problem but I still keep talking about it...! [....whoops.]
action
He reaches out across the table to try to put his hand on Ryoji's, to make up for his initial reaction.]
Is talking about it helping?
action
I don't know. ...I'm sorry, if this makes you uncomfortable I can try not to talk about it.
action
[A pause, for just a moment, as Kai gathers his thoughts.]
I'm sure you wouldn't intentionally use your magic on me.
action
...Kai, do you know anything about the arcana?
action
I don't.
action
Um, well, they're the things used on cards in tarot readings. They each symbolize different things, but they're more than cards where I'm from.
[And now for the hard part.]
I... am the embodiment of the thirteenth arcana. The Death arcana. I exist only because they are many people who no longer held the will to live. The only reason I am human at all is because I was sort pushed inside someone and contained for ten years.
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
action
[action] 6/20
Kai, I love you, and I want to keep dating you, and I haven't broken my promise, but I have an important thing I need to talk to you about so... please don't freak out. [he thinks he covered all the big things but.]
[action] 6/20
Are you in trouble of some sort?
[action] 6/20
No, nothing like that. I just... someone from my world showed up and I sort of realized I'd never actually, um. Told you about her.
no subject
[It's...a guess! If it's nothing like danger, and it's a girl...]
no subject
I... [shoot. he. might ignore that question, because he's not totally sure how to answer it.] I asked her out once, back home. She turned me down. But, um... here, that's not what she remembers. She remembers saying yes. So I guess we're from different universes.
....But she's also kind of the reason I'm human. [so she's important either way.]
no subject
[Kai sounds rather distinctly grumpy!]
no subject
no subject
no subject
No. I want to be dating you.
[Did he want to date Minako back home? Yes. If things hadn't worked out between the two of them, would he still want to date her here? ...Maybe. But he is dating Kai, and he has managed to accept being friends with Minako, so that's really a non-issue for him.]
no subject
What if I didn't make you choose?
[Other people aren't as demanding as him, in this place, after all.]
no subject
You aren't making me chose anything. I'm choosing for myself. [...ok so Kai might have encouraged it a bit, but.]
no subject
If you want her...
[Kai doesn't want to make Ryoji sad, or upset, not in the long-term.]
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)
(no subject)